PRRD accepts full responsibility on June 25 Samar incident


TACLOBAN CITY, June 29 (PIA) – – President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (PRRD), strongly pronounced infront of the nine wounded cops and their kin in attendance, that he accepts full responsibility of the June 25 Samar incident where six cops were killed and wounded nine others, being the country’s Commander-in-Chief.

 

President Duterte, who first visited late afternoon on Friday, June 29, the EVRMC surgical ward where the nine cops were admitted, said that both of them are my soldiers who serve and protect the Filipino people

 

He also appealed to them to forgive what happened since he really did not believe that it was done intentionally by anybody.

 

The President sincerely appealed to both government forces involved in the incident not to point a finger or put blame the incident on each other.

 

However, the President, who also visited the adjacent surgical ward of the EVRMC where the six battle casualty soldiers were admitted, also said to wait for the results of the investigation being conducted on the incident.

READ:  Campaign underway to make Silliman ‘Zero Waste’ University

 

During the visit, the President pinned the medal of the Order of Lapu-Lapu Kampilan to the nine wounded cops and the six battle casualty soldiers.

 

PRRD pins the medal of the Order of Lapu Lapu Kampilan on one of nine wounded cops during his visit at the EVRMC hospital, June 29. (RSV/PIA8 photo)

 

Aside from the medal, the President also gave P10, 000 in cash, one wristwatch, and one cellular phone.

 

He also promised to give P100,000 worth of check and one unit 45 caliber pistol to each of the nine wounded cops and six battle casualty soldiers after the completion of the requirement before its release.

 

Earlier that day, the President condoled with the relatives of the six fallen cops in his visit to their wake at the Matapat Hall of the police regional office in Eastern Visayas. (ajc/RSV/PIA8)

Source: PIA Feed